The DeathNote's Story...
Welcome to The DeathNote's Story! The DeathNote's Story is an RPG forum where you can be your favorite character from the manga(DeathNote), or make your own! Take A look around, feel free to advertise your RP forum here, or join us! We are guest friendly~
~~Amane Misa Character needed~~
The DeathNote's Story...
Welcome to The DeathNote's Story! The DeathNote's Story is an RPG forum where you can be your favorite character from the manga(DeathNote), or make your own! Take A look around, feel free to advertise your RP forum here, or join us! We are guest friendly~
~~Amane Misa Character needed~~
The DeathNote's Story...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The DeathNote's Story...

You found a deathnote! What do you do? Live it on, it's yours now.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hi everyone
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:49 pm by KHSOULNOTE

» Grand Re-Opening!!! :D
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 pm by KH

» Genral Chat
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:26 am by Beyond Birthday

» Ban the person above you
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:46 am by Beyond Birthday

» A new Kira? (Open)
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:24 am by Beyond Birthday

» Twisted Lies. (By invite only)
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» I'm back!:D
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 am by KH

» Welcome to RPG Haven
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:04 pm by Guest

» Infernal Nirvana
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:03 am by Kai!

Forum
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 90 on Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:05 pm
Top posters
Ambyrawrawr (425)
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_vote_lcapTwisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_voting_barTwisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 
Vi-sama (325)
Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_vote_lcapTwisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_voting_barTwisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 
KH (208)
Tomix (53)
Xane Hugo (29)
Lone_Phoenix (16)
hollis (10)
Yagami Light (8)
Uvaras (3)
Beyond Birthday (3)
Affiliates

Twisted Lies. (By invite only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 am

"I don't care about collapsing. I'm staying up until I know you're a bit better." Matt mumbled, stroking his hair. "So maybe you should stop worrying about me and worry about yourself for a change." He tucked the blanket around Mello, putting his arm around the blondes shoulders stroking his arm gently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darknightmares.forumotion.com
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Mello cuddled down into Matt's arms, laying his head on his chest. He actually missed this. When they were younger at Wammy's and he would get sick, Matt would always take care of him. Of course if Matt didn't take care of him, he usually ended up passed out in the hall somewhere from an extremely high fever. Mello was never very good at taking care of himself. He ignored every warning sign his body gave him of impending doom, then continued to ignore it even after he should probably be hospitalized. Doctors were on staff for more then bullet wounds and overdoses back in Cali.
Exaustion started to eat at him, his eyes drooping. He could feel the pills kicking in, not giving him the rush of herion, but causing the burning in his veins to subside. The chill in his skin was fading, but he knew that would be the last to go. He still felt like he wanted to vomit, but that would pass too. "I'm okay now Matty, you can sleep. I promise." Mello whispered, eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Matt sighed in reluctance forcing down the bout of sleep that was biting at his heels. "I'll sleep when you do. I think that's fair." He whispered back into Mello's hair, kissing the top of his head gently, watching as he slowly became more slack in his grip.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:34 pm

"Mm sleeping now." Mello whispered, words running together. He could feel himself slipping down against Matt's body. Everyone of Mello's muscles began to finally relax and he had suddenly never felt so tired in his life, at least not that he could remember.
Mello slipped an arm around Matt's waist, hugging the other man as tightly as he could, which wasn't very tight at the moment, because he felt like he was slipping away, and somewhere deep inside of him it terrified him. As if, if he fell asleep, Matt wouldn't be there when he awoke.
He couldn't fight the exaustion anymore. He felt his grip loosen as he slipped into the black abyss that was sleep, frightened of what was in that dark world, and he almost wished he hadn't taken the pills.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 pm

"Night Mells." He murmured, eyes drooping shut against his will. The cut on his face had started to sting now, rapid stabbing shock that ran through his face. Wriggling slightly in a failing bid to ease the pain, he sighed with reluctance, giving into the sleep that was pulling him under.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:00 pm

"Ss not night stupid." Was the last thing Mello said before he completely gave up on staying concious.
He didn't know how long he had been asleep when he was brought back to the world of the wakeing by Matt. The boy was tossing and turning, whimpering in his sleep. Mello watched with half lidded eyes as Matt tried to lay on his wounded cheek, quickly moving his head with an unconcious cry. He looked closely at the cut and saw how inflamed it had become, whether from cloth rubbing against it or something else.
Mello cautiously crawled over the slumbering red-head, very careful not to awaken him. The blonde grabbed the cup next to the bed and silently walked to the bathroom to raid the medicine cabinet. He rinsed out the cup, refilling it with cold water, then wetted down a washcloth. He searched the cabinet, finally finding what he was looking for. A tube of maximum strength Neosporin antibiotic cream plus pain relief and a bottle of ibuprofen. He popped the cap, pouring four round brown pills into his palm. It was double the normal dose, but still a safe amount to take at only 800mg, the maximum dose being 3,200mg. He also found the other thing he was looking for, prescription antibiotics. There was a full bottle of amoxicillin, and another bottle with 3 pills of keflex. Mello remembered Matt being allergic to penicillin when they were kids, which meant he would be allergic to the amoxicillin. Needless to say, he took one of the 3 keflex and added it to the ibuprofen already in his hand.
Mello yawned as he padded back into the bedroom. He really didn't want to wake the man up, but it was clear that Matt wasn't getting any real rest like this. Mello set the cup and tube of cream on the little table then sat on the edge of the bed. He gently stroaked Matt's hair, then softly ran the soothingly cool cloth over the wound on his cheek. Matt winced, but his eyes remained closed. All Mello could think is how exausted Matt must be if this wasn't waking him up immediatly.
After cleansing the area with the cloth he reached for the tube of antibiotic cream. He squeezed a bit onto his fingertip, then carefully rubbed it into the cut. Matt's eyes squeezed shut tighter, a whimper coming from his throat.
Once he was done with the painful part Mello leaned down, kissing Matt's forehead, stroaking his hair again. "Matt, Mattie, you need to wake up for just a minute." He said softly. When Matt opened his eyes, Mello held out his hand with the pills in his palm. "Mattie you need to take these. It's ibuprofen for swelling and a keflex for infection. Your cheeks really red and inflamed hun, I think it might be getting infected. You're tossing and turning in your sleep and whimpering like a puppy dog. Once you take these you can go right back to sleep, okay?" He explained, still stroaking Matt's head.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:38 am

Matt silently took the tablet in Mello's out stretched hand. He took one after the other swallowing them dry.
"I'm sorry, I must've woken you up." He apologised, pushing himself into a sitting position, the sudden movement making his stomach flip. "Mello, I don't feel so good." He mumbled, skin burning with each touch that came his way, but pulling the duvet tighter around him regardless shivering from cold that lay trapped between his muscles and skin. " 'Mmm sorry, are you okay?" He asked, blinking to try and focus on the haze that was Mello.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:18 pm

"Yeah you woke me up, but don't worry about it, I'm glad you did. What's wrong?" Mello asked, voice worried. Mello laid the back of his hand on Matt's forehead. "Jesus Matt you're burning up!" He exclaimed, placing a hand on either side of the other boys face now, cradling it in his palms.
Mello inspected the wound on Matt's face again. Sure it was inflamed, but even if it was infected, it wasn't pussing or discolored. The cut couldn't be the source of the fever, or the fine trembeling coursing through Matt's body.
He grabbed the cup of cold water off the little table, pressing it into Matt's hand. "Here, sip on this. Don't drink it to fast. I'll be right back." He said. Mello spotted an empty waste basket by the door. He grabbed the plastic container and returned to Matt. "...incase you think you're going to be sick." And exited the room again.
Mello opened the linen closet in the hall, across from the bathroom, and found what he was looking for...sort of. A spare blanket. It looked like one of those cheap throw blankets you buy for your car, incase it breaks down in the cold. The blanket was small and done in some fake Native American design. It was thread bare and covered in cigarette burns, but it would work. While he was in the closet he grabbed another washcloth, stopping in the bathroom to wet it down with cold water.
Mello returned to the bedroom, walking over to Matt. The boy looked horrible. His cheeks were flushed a molted red, his eyes unfocused, whole body shaking. Mello took the cup back from Matt, setting it on the table again. "You need to lay down." Mello ordered, covering the boy with the duvet, tucking it around him. He then drapped the other blanket over his still shivering form. Mello folded the cold cloth, placing it on Matt's forehead. He had already decided that he was going to call one of their on staff doctors, whatever was wrong with his friend had come on to fast and to strong to be casually dismissed, but he needed to find out if Matt knew what might be wrong first.
Mello sat on the edge of the bed, running his hand up and down Matt's arm that was still under the covers. "Matt do you know what's wrong? Were you feeling sick before I showed up, or did you take something I didn't know about? I'm not going to be mad about anything, or annoyed, I just need to know. You're really
really sick Mattie. I'm going to call one of our doctors and have them come check you out, but I want to be able to tell them what's wrong, if you know." He said gently, feeling Matt's uninjured cheek. His skin was still almost scalding to the touch. He flipped the washcloth, the side that was against his head was already warm. "I've done everything I can. The ibuprofen I gave you for your cheek should start to bring down your fever, so should the cold cloth. The antibiotic will start to fight any infection you have, but not quickly enough. I need to know any medication or drugs you take, and any illnesses or allergies you may have developed since we were 14 or that I never knew about so I can tell the doctor. Don't want you having any adverse reactions to anything they might give you." Mello explained, not really sure if Matt was understanding at this point.
Mello stood and went to his pants, grabbing his cell, then returned to the bed. He flipped the cloth again, putting the now cool side to Matt's flesh. Mello softly kissed his cheek, rubbing his arm again. "Don't worry Mattie, I'll take care of you. It's the least I can do for you always taking care of me." He whispered as he scrolled through his phonebook looking for the doctor he had in mind.

(I'm going to try to post on the other 2 as well, but I'm really sick too. I have a high fever and I'm vomiting and freezing then burning up...basically I have the flu Sad Sadly I don't have a Mattie or a Mello here to take care of me, and I can't even get my dad to give me a day off work. This is exactly why I end up staying sick for so long! Grrr!)
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Matt whined as the cloth was pressed to his cheek. It felt like an explosion on his burning skin.
"No new allergies." He mumbled. "But I think I know what it is." Peeling down the duvet that was covering his body, he lifted his shirt to reveal another gash, longer and deeper this time, the black shard still embedded. "I changed my shirt in the car 'n I was gunna clean it up when I got in but you freaked out about my face and I just forgot I guess 'cause it doesn't hurt." His words had started to slur, forcing him to concentrate more on what he was trying to say. " Dun touch it 'kay? Think it might still have chemicals on it." Matt giggled, unable to stop himself mind to clouded to even think about the gravity of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 pm

"Jesus fucking Christ Matt! How the fuck do you forget about something like that?!" Mello exclaimed, hand hovering over the wound. "Don't move, I'm calling the doctor. Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He said, walking towards the bedroom door to get better reception.
The person on the other line picked up on the second ring. "Hello?" Came a female voice, thick with sleep. "Yeah, Kate, it's Mello." He said, voice rushed. He heard cloth slide, and imagined the woman was sitting up in bed. "Mello what's wrong? Are you in New York?" She asked, voice urgent. "Yeah. I need your help. Now." He responded. "What happened to you? Are you sick? Injured? Where are you?" Her questions came in rapid sucession. Mello smilled dispite himself. Kate was one of the best doctors he had ever met. A little unorthodox, but what did you expect from someone who was on call for the mob? "It's not me, it's a very close friend of mine. He works for us too. He was on a job this morning and was badly injured..." Mello continued to explaine what happend to Matt and what he had done for him so far, ending with their location. He heard the sound of the woman nodding, "Got it. That's not to far from where I am, I'll be there in less then ten minutes. Keep him from moving and keep putting ice on his head. You've done everything you can, I'll do the rest. See ya." She said, hanging up.
The next ten minutes were the longest ten minutes of Mello's life. He kept pacing between the front door and the bedroom, checking his phone then checking Matt's forehead. Finally there was a knock on the door. Mello raced to answer it, not even checking the peep hole. "Thank God! Get in here." He said, holding open the door. "Nice to see you again too Mello." The woman laughed. Kate was attractive, and not at all what you would expect a surgen to look like. She was about 5'4, in her early twenties, and had jet black hair that fell straight to her shoulders, bangs cut in a cleopatra style. Her skin was tan, hinting at her Greek heritage. She still had on thick black eye makeup from the night before, adding more to the cleopatra look, pointed at the insides, swooped up on the outsides. She had a silver barbell in the bridge of her nose, a hoop on either side of her bottom lip, ears pierced all the way up, gauged out with thick plugs in the lobes. Yeah, she definatly didn't look like any doctor Mello had ever met, but she was the best he knew.
She set a her backpack on the floor, removing her long black coat. Mello had a similar coat to hers, only hers had delicate embroidery on it and no hood. She was wearing a long sleeved black shirt and jeans that clung to her every curve. Kate had the body of an underware model, and Mello had told her this before. She just laughed when he did. "So where's your friend?" She asked, picking up her backpack. The way she said friend told Mello that she knew exactly what kind of relationship the two had. Of course, the fact that he answered the door in another mans pajama pants could of been a clue. "He's in the bedroom, this way." He answered, leading the way through the apartment.
Kate's eyes went a little wide at the site of Matt laying on the bed, which is never a good sign. "Gods what happened to this kid?" She asked, kneeling on the ground, already going through her bag. "I'm not exactly sure. I think he blew up a bank vault. He said it was carbonfiber. He told me not to touch the piece in his chest, that it still had chemicals on it? But he might of been halucinating at that point." Mello answered. Kate nodded, pulling her hair back into a pony tail. She slipped on some latex gloves with a snap, grabbing scizzors out of the same pocket that she got the gloves. She started to ask questions as she cut away Matt's shirt. "Does he have any allergies to medication? I suppose I should of asked that before I put on the gloves, but latex is all I carry. Any diseases that may be effected by anything I give him?" She asked, voice all business. "Only allergy I know of is to penicillian, and no diseases that would effect this. The kids add, but that's about it. Has hay fever, and I think he's allergic to strawberries... He smokes, doesn't really drink, though I did take him out for drinks last night. I don't think he's eaten anything since yesterday either." He replied, crossing his arms over his chest, leaning his hip against the dresser. Kate nodded again, pulling out a rubber turniqutte, a bag of fluid attached to plastic tubing, a needle, tape, and alcohol packets. "Mello come over here, I need you to hold the I.V. bag while I work." She ordered. Mello did as she asked, hovering behind the woman.
Kate tied the turniqutte around Matt's arm, just above his elbow. She tapped the inside of his arm, helping the veins rise to the surface. She ripped open the alcohol packet, wipeing down the skin. Kate laid her finger tip on the vein, finding the right place, then pulled the cap of the needle off with her teeth, sliding the needle into the skin in one smooth motion. She removed the acual needle, leaving behind a small plastic tube in his vein. She taped it down, the grabbed the tube attached to the bag of fluid, screwing it on. "Okay, hold it up so it flows properly. I'm going to add a sedative and antibiotics to the mix. This is going to hurt and I don't want him waking up in the middle of it." She explained, though it was unnecessary. Mello trusted the woman with his life, and more importantly, Matt's life.
Kate removed a syringe from her bag of goodies and two vials of liquid. One was a milky white, the other clear. She looked Matt over, then nodded to herself. She filled the syringe with the clear fluid first, injecting it into the little shunt on the side of the bag Mello was holding. Then she filled the syringe with the white liquid, repeating the process. "This shit will knock his ass out for about two hours. If you see him starting to wake up while I'm working, let me know." She said. Mello nodded, worried eyes on Matt.
After taking out several tools, laying them out on a cloth on the little table, she went to work. It seemed to take an eterinity for Kate to remove all the shards from the wound, but finally she looked satisfied with her work. She took a little bottle of saline solution off the table, flushing out the wound. Blood and other fluids that didn't look remotely healthy to Mello came pouring out. Kate began to sucher up the wound. He watched in amazement at how quickly she was able to do it. After the last stich was done she smeared ointment over it, tapeing a gauze pad in place.
"His face should really be stiched up too. I can do it so it doesn't scar. Want me to?" She asked, wipeing her forehead with her arm. "If you think it's best." Mello answered, looking at the gash. "I do." She said, removing the soiled gloves. She dug in her bag again, removing a thinner needle and different suchers. She put on a new pair of gloves, cleaning Matt's facial wound, smearing it with iodine. She began to stich up the gash, the suchers so small and delicate that they almost looked like they weren't there. Mello was impressed.
An hour and fourty five minutes after Kate began, she was finished. She began to clean up her mess, throwing away the stuff that could be tossed, bagging up the tools. She removed the I.V., taping a bandage in place to stop the bleeding. She left the medical tape on the table next to a stack of gauze pads. She dug into another pocket of her bag, taking out four bottles of pills. She held them up one by one. "These are antibiotics, he needs to take one every four hours. There are steroids for inflamation, he needs to take them twice a day. These are painkillers, he takes one ever four hours as needed. And these..." She shook the bottle, "Are for you. Suboxone. Take one twice a day. Place it under your tongue and let it disolve. It's for opiate withdrawl. They might give you a little buzz, but you can't get high off of them, and if you try to take opiates while you're on them, you'll puke." She smirked. "I'll be back in three days to check on him. If something goes wrong before then, call me. Keep him in bed for today, and no lifting anything over 20lbs for the next month. He should be waking up in the next ten minutes or so..." She said, then seemed to remember something, going in her bag again. She removed another sringe and vial of liquid, filling it. "Help me roll him on his side a bit. I'm going to give him a toradol shot in his hip, that way he's not in to much pain when he wakes up. The shot hurts like a bitch, feels like you've been hit by a baseball bat when you get it in the arm. It's not nearly as bad when you get it in the ass." She laughed.
Mello carefully helped Kate manuver Matt onto his side, pulling his pants down slighly. She pinched the skin of his "hip", which looked like the side of his very upper butt to Mello, then she jabbed the needle in, pushing in the plunger. She rubbed the area in a small circle, helping to dispurse the medication.
"Okay, all done. He should be fine now. It's a good thing you called me though...if his fever had gotten any higher he quite likely would of died. He still has a small one, but it's at like 100, so he's safe. It should keep going down. Just keep an eye on him, if it hits 104, or if any of his wounds start to puss or get gross, call me immediatly. Keep giving him 2 motrin every 2 to 4 hours to keep it in check though." She said, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "And get him to eat something. Try soup. You too, you're to skinny." Kate added, poking Mello in the stomach. He made a face, crossing his arms over his chest again, "I am not to skinny!" He protested, sounding like a sullen child. "Sure you aren't, you've gotta weigh at least 30lbs less then me." She retorted, smirking again. "So sorry I don't have double D tits and an ass out to there." He teased back. "They're C's, not D's, and you never complained about them before." She corrected. "Yeah yeah, get your big ass outta here and go back to sleep." He smiled. Kate laughed and turned towards the door, but Mello grabbed her arm, turning her back to him. "Thanks Katie, I really mean it." He said, voice just above a whisper. "It's no problem at all." She replied, smiling gently. Kate moved in, kissing Mello on the cheek. "Your boyfriends waking up sweetheart, go take care of him. He's quite a cutie. I'll let myself out." She smiled again, heading out of the room.
Mello sat on the bed next to Matt as his eyes fluttered open. "Morning sunshine. Doctors been here and fixed you up. She said you're going to be fine. She left some meds you have to take, and said I need to get you too eat something too. Are there any grocery stores that do deliveries around here? I know a lot of them do that shit here in New York." He smiled, feeling Matt's forehead. "You're supposed to stay in bed today. I need to get some food into you, but you're not supposed to be left alone, especially not for the next few hours. She had to give you a hardcore sedative while she stiched you up." He explained.
Mello rubbed Matt's arm, softly kissing his forehead. "You scared the shit out of me! Don't ever do that to me again! Ever! Do you know how close you came to dying on me? Your fever was high enough to boil your brain! I just got you back, I can't lose you again..." He said, voice angry and scared at the same time. He had to blink back tears to keep them from spilling over. "God you can be such an idiot sometimes Matt. Loving you is going to be the death of me."

(And...done! Gods that took forever to write! Hope you enjoy the insanely long post haha! I know way to much about medical procedures for my own good XP My left shoulder is killing me now, and so are my wrists. Stupid T button being all sticky on my computer! Oh and Kate is based on my best friend Katie who is also a medical student. You can look her up on my FB, Katie Teany.)
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Matt groaned, the haze of sedatives and painkillers still not quite enough to block out the pain in his chest. "I feel like I've been hit by a truck." He murmured. "Wait, did I get his by a truck? Am I dead? No wait...you can't feel pain when you're dead....Am I in Limbo then? No...Mello's here and he's not dead...are you? Fuck Mello are we both dead?" His voice was rushed a panicked edge to it, he struggled to sit up but the sharp pain in his chest told him to lay his ass back down, which he obliged to despite wanting to see if he was actually dead. He sighed. "First day on a new spiritual plane and I have to stay in bed." He glanced up at Mello, who Matt thought was talking but he couldn't be sure, the words weren't making any sense. A mashed up take on the English language was all that reached him. "Fuck, are you not dead? Don't tell me I'm watching this from my body?! I don't want to leave Mello behind!"
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Mello put his hand on Matt's shoulder, keeping him pressed to the bed. "You're not dead you moron, and neither am I." He said, shaking his head, trying to hold back the smile that was threatining to break through. "And you didn't get hit by a truck. You blew up a bank vault this morning, remember? You had a giant chunk of carbon fiber in your chest that you conveinantly forgot about. I woke up and you had a fever that was through the roof. I had to call in a surgen to fix you up or you would of died." He explained, speaking slowly, hoping Matt would understand him this time.
"Now just calm down and relax. Keep moving like that and you'll pop your stiches." Mello ordered, softly running his hand down the uninjured side of Matt's face. He turned and opened two of the pill bottles and the bottle of motrin that he had brought in from the bathroom earlier. He shook out one large white pill that he recognised as an extra strength vicodin, and one very small orange one, the prednisone, a steroid, and two brown pills of motrin. He grabbed the cup of water and helped Matt sit up slightly. "Here, take these, they'll help with the pain and keep your fever from going back up." He said, handing Matt the pills and water. Once he took the pills he asked him about a grocery store that delivered again. "How are you feeling? I know you hurt, but what about the other stuff? Oh and sorry about your shirt, Kate had to cut it off of you." Mello asked, helping Matt lay back down, pulling the duvet up to his stomach, afraid the small weight of the blanket on the wound would cause him discomfort.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm

"Grocery store? There's one down on the corner of 8th and 10th I think..." He mumbled, feeling the tablets slide down his throat with difficulty. Taking another sip of the water, he look down at the hefty stitching in his chest. "It was not convenient, I was worried about you and it didn't hurt. It was like when I broke my jaw. I didn't realise for three days until I noticed the pain." Matt shuffled slightly running his finger along the stitching in his face. "I'm fine. Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:24 am

"You're ridiculous, you know that? It's amazing you've survived this long." Mello said, shaking his head. "I'm fine, I told you I was going to be okay. Even if I hadn't taken anything, I would of been fine. I would of just felt like dying for a few days." He answered, laughing at the fact that the guy with a million stiches in his chest was worried about him. Mello picked up the bottle Kate had left for him, shaking it. "The doctor even left me these. It's soboxone, it's for opiate withdrawl, so you don't have to worry about me anymore, okay? Now you just worry about yourself." He said, patting Matt's shoulder. "I'm going to call that store and see if they deliver." Mello added, flipping open his phone to call information. "What kinda soup do you like?"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 am

"Soup? Damn I haven't had soup since Wammy's!" Matt chattered in excitement. "I don't know, surprise me?"He gave Mello a lopsided grin, painkillers surging in waves over his body. "You know I'll worry about you anyway? Like worry a lot. So prepare for a lot of 'are you okays?' and 'are you sures?' because I'm not letting up."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:58 pm

"You haven't had soup since....? Wait, why is this suprising me?" Mello said to himself, shaking his head as he walked to the door, phone being connected to the grocery store.
Mello walked back into the room and couldn't help but grin. "You're high, you know that right? God you're such a light weight when it comes to everything! It cracks me up." He laughed. "I'd have to take about 20 of those to have a similar reaction. Kinda pisses me off." He mumbled. "But I'm glad you're not really in pain anymore, or at least don't care that your in pain." He smiled again.
He sat back down on the bed, feeling Matt's head again. "They said they would be here in a half hour to fourty five minutes, and I had to bribe them. At least I don't have to go out in the fucking cold." He told him. Fourty five minutes seemed a little excessive to Mello, but what are you going to do? "I understand that you're going to worry about me, you always have, and I've excepted that, but I really wish you would pay attention to yourself as well. I wont necessarly always be here to make sure you don't bleed to death or that your brain doesn't boil, got it?" He said, kissing Matt's forehead, then checking his phone to see how long he had until food was there.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 am

"I'm not high!" Matt protested, eyes darting around the room before grabbing Mello's arm and pulling him closer. "I'm lying. Shhhh." He giggled, leaning his head on Mello's stomach. "You'd think they'd hurry up if they knew they were dealing with you. Ten minutes flat if you told them you'd be topless."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Mello laughed, brushing Matt's hair away from his face. "Mattie not everyone has a reaction like that to me when I'm topless, but I'm happy you think so." He bent down, kissing the top of his head. "God you can be so adorable sometimes, that hasn't changed one bit." He added, continuing to pet Matt's head.
Mello jumped when he heard a knock on the door. The people from the grocery store weren't supposed to be there for another fifteen minutes, and besides them the only person who knew he was there was Kate. Maybe the delivery was early? Mello didn't take any chances though. "Stay here, okay?" He said to Matt, padding out to the living room. He went to his coat, grabbing a $100 bill from his wallet, and his gun. There was another knock on the door, and some cursing in Arabic. Mello caught the word "Gakba" and smirked. So I'm a bitch, am I?
He stood to the side of the door, leaning over to check the peep hole. A middle eastern man in his late 20's stood there, arms full of bags. Mello let out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. "Who is it?" He called, still standing to the side of the door. "Fadi from Joe's Market. You called for a delivery?" The man replied, voice sounding irritated. Mello shook his head, putting the gun in the back of his pants, safety still off. He knew it was dangerous, but if he needed his gun he wouldn't have time to click the safety back on.
Mello unlocked the door, opening it slowly. "Hey your foods heavy, you have somewhere I can put it?" Fadi asked, hefting a bag up. "Yeah just set it on the floor here, I'll get it." Mello said, motioning to the ground. He didn't want to let the stranger into Matt's home. The man made a face, but set the bags where Mello told him. "Okay it come to $59.78 plus $12 delivery fee." He said, straighting up. Mello handed the man the $100 bill. "Keep the change as a tip." He said, shutting the door on the man. "Shockran!" He heard shouted from the hall, thanking Mello for the hefty tip.
Mello locked the door and removed the gun, clicking the safety back on before putting it back in his jacket. He then walked back into the bedroom. "That was the guy with the food. I'm going to make us something to eat now, be back in a few minutes." He told the still high red-head. He walked over to the tv, turning it on, handing Matt the remote. "Here, watch some tv while you wait, or even better..." Mello bent over, turning on one of the many gameing systems that were hooked up, handing Matt the controler. "I'll be back."
Mello started to unload the groceries, leaving out what he needed for the meal. Thankfully he found a pot and a pan under the counter. He pulled the lid off two cans of tomato soup, dumping them into the pot, followed by the same amount of milk. He stirred it as he turned on the burner, then moved to butter four pieces of bread. He was going to make grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup. He hoped Matt still liked it, rembering the kid liking it back at Wammy's. If not, Mello had bought just about every other type of soup they made. They guy wasn't lying when he said the bags were heavy as hell. Besides all the soup Mello had bought eggs, butter, cheese, bread, milk, coffee, sugar, and what seemed like a million other things. Oh and he also bought chocolate and cigarettes, musnt forget the essentials...
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Matt was more than happy to grab the controller, eagerly waiting for the screen to load up, practically wriggling with excitement. Though to be fair it had been a while since he had the chance to game.
"Well...there are a lot of mental people out there." Matt reasoned, opening up his last save point. He squeaked suddenly as he remembered which game it was. He bit his lip gently as the oncoming zombie hordes threatened to overwhelm him as he fought them back with his only weapon...a purse. "Just great Matt go for the 'fun' weapon..." He cursed himself, eyes crossing in pure concentration as he smacked one of the creatures across the face with the rather pretty pink bag.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:26 am

Mello returned to the room, two bowls of soup and a plate with two grilled cheese sandwiches on it balanced in his arms. "A pink purse? Really? You couldn't find something a little less gay, like a red spiked heel?" He teased.
Mello set the food down on the side table, sitting next to Matt. "When you're done slaughtering the masses you need to eat something. I made grilled cheese and tomato soup. You damn well better like it, I don't cook for anyone."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:32 am

Matt huffed lightly, hitting another of the arisen in the face with the back. "I don't have much of a choice in this at the moment. I did it at first as a joke, now suddenly I'm tasty. Who would've thought it?!" He smirked, pressing the pause button and putting the controller as far away as he could possibly reach to devoid the temptation. "You know I'll like it."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 pm

"Well I can attest to the fact that you're always tasty, not just when you carry around a pink purse." Mello smirked, leaning forward to steal a kiss from Matt. "Though I've never seen you with a pink purse, you may be even tastier...you don't have one, do you?" He teased, raising an eyebrow.
Mello passed one of the bowls of soup to Matt, placing the plate with the grilled cheese on the bed between them. He felt Matt's forehead with the back of his hand again, smiling when he could feel that his temperature was going down. He realized he was acting like an overbearing mother, but he really didn't care. He had been so worried about the other boy earlier...
Mello grabbed half a grilled cheese off the plate, dipping the corner into the tomato soup until it was soaked through, then quickly brought it to his mouth, taking a bite, trying not to drip the soup down the front of him. It didn't work. He ended up dripping thick red liquid down his chin, trying to catch it with his hand before Matt noticed.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:20 am

Matt reached out brushing the droplet of soup off his chin.
"Messy." He teased, sticking his finger in his mouth and licking the soup off. Picking up his own bowl of soup, he rested it on his stomach letting the heat rush down. Sighing in content he put his spoon into the bowl and brought it to his lips, blowing on it to cool down before putting it into his mouth. "It's good." He remarked in surprise.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Mello stuck his tongue out as Matt licked the soup off his finger, thinking that the action was rather hot. "You weren't supposed to see that." He joked, taking another bite of soup saturated grilled cheese.
"Don't act so suprised. I don't cook because it's a pain in the ass, not because I'm not good at it. Besides it's just canned soup, anyone can make it." Mello said with a roll of his eyes, brushing his hair back. "Be careful not to drip that soup on your incisions. First, I don't want to have to clean it up, second, Kate will probably kick both of our asses for making a mess of her careful work, and third, it will probably sting like a son of a bitch." He laughed.

(How is your ear feeling? Hope it's okay!)
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:30 am

Matt managed to get a quarter way through the bowl before pushing it away.
"No more or I'll be throwing it back up." He told Mello. "So the woman was called Kate huh? I have to tell her thanks when I see her. If I ever see her that is." He laughed, leaning back into the mess that was once a bed but had now been ruined by Matt's constant fidgeting.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Mello took the bowl, setting it on the night stand. "You'll meet Kate. She's supposed to come back in three days to check on your stiches. She's an...intresting one." He laughed, trying to figure out how to put it. "Are the painkillers still working?" Mello asked, setting his own food down so he could try to fix the blankets, deciding that if Matt asked, he would deny doing it for him. He was fixing them because the bunched up cloth was annoying to sit on...
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:54 am

"Kinda. I'm starting to feel the sting and the cloud in my head has gone." He wriggled again, purposefully messing up the sheets Mello had just corrected. (Not that he'd admit it, but it was fun to wind him up after all.) "I would ask for more, but you probably don't want me ODing..." He sighed.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Mello scowled as Matt screwed up his job of fixing the sheets, he wasn't going to fix it again...maybe. Unless it really annoyed him.
"You're not going to OD off of this amount. Honestly, even being the lightweight that you are, you could probably take seven at once and not OD. What I don't want is for you to throw up, which will happen if you take to much at once, or for it to lose it's effectivness, which will happen." He explained. Glancing at the clock he decided it was safe to give Matt more motrin, since he had eaten. To much motrin could hurt your stomach, but that was more if you took it by the handful over long periods of time...like he had. Toothaches could be a bitch. He could take it again now, but there was a good six months that he couldn't touch the stuff because it was giving him an ulcer.
Mello shook 2 more small brown pills into his hand, and an antibiotic, which he hadn't given him earlier. "Here take these. The motrin will keep any really bad pain at bay for atleast the next hour, and since you just ate you should take your antibiotic now too. I'll give you another vicodin in an hour. If the pain gets really terrible, which it might later, after the stuff she gave you in the IV wears off completely, I've got some stronger stuff. Kate told me what I could give you. The stuff I have is a different type of pain killer, oxycodone instead of hydrocodone, still very effective pain killer, but since the chemical makeup is different, it wont lessen the effect of the hydrocodone, the vicodin, where as if I gave you enough Vicodin to kill the pain when it gets really bad, it wont work as well when the pain lessens." He explained, handing Matt the pills and water.
He was hoping Matt was able to follow what he was saying. Matt wasn't stupid, and under normal circumstances he would have no doubt that Matt would get it, but pain and pain killers can slow your thought process, or turn your attention to other things quite quickly. The kid was already add, giving him more things to distract him was not a good thing. Of course Matt's add was the reason he was so good at hacking while doing a million other things at once. Why he could describe a room back to you in perfect detail after being in it for thirty seconds. Add, eye's flickering to EVERYTHING, a photographic memory, perfect spy.

(Sorry if the end is kinda obtruce, sleepy pill kicked in. love ya! and that took me way to freaking long .......to write......oh yeah, push button to sent.........)
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr

Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:04 am

"Yeah well I know nothing of medication seeing as I've been a relatively healthy person unlike some people." With a grin Matt took the tablets in Mello's hand, downing them with a sip of water, forcing them to go down his throat with a shudder. There was something about tablets that made him whine mentally and want them out of his mouth, but with Mello watching he tried his hardest not to spit them back up in protest. "I take it that you also understand that I was paying no attention what so ever to what you said? You spoke too fast, but I think I got the gist so...can I play my game now?"

(It took me seven reads to actually get to the end of this, I kept getting distracted. I actually started to laugh when you wrote about Matt getting distracted because I never felt more like him then in that moment :L)
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama

Vi-sama

Character Sheet
Type/Species:

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:20 pm

"Hey it's not my fault I was born with a weak constitution! At least I don't get sick like I use to...I remember those breathing treatments Roger use to force me to take, man I hated those! Gave me a headache and made me dizzy as hell." Mello protested. "Stupid medication regiments...I don't think even you knew how many pills I had to take a day." He mumbled, hair covering his face.
Mello grinned broadly, "I figured as much. It's a good thing you have a sicky like me here to watch over you." He teased. "And yes darling you can play your games now." He answered sarcastically, still smiling. Mello stood, grabbing the cup off the night stand. "I'm going to steal your laptop for a few minutes, I need to check on some shit. They act like if I'm not watching over stuff the whole world will explode or something to that effect." He said, rolling his eyes. "I'll be right back. Your bed is more comfy then the couch."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Lies. (By invite only)   Twisted Lies. (By invite only) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Lies. (By invite only)
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next